Tennessee Supreme Court
TN Department of Health Resources
White House Resources
Background: Under the leadership of President Trump and Vice President Pence, the full weight of the U.S. Government is working to protect the health and safety of the American people. Decisive action from President Trump at the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak—including prudent travel restrictions and an early containment strategy—has given State and local officials and private sector partners time to prepare. In January, the President formed a Coronavirus Task Force, led by Vice President Mike Pence and comprised of subject-matter experts, to organize a whole-of-government response. The Coronavirus Task Force and broader Administration have worked and will continue to work with State-Local-Tribal officials and private sector and non-profit partners in preparing for and responding to the Coronavirus. It is important to note that at this time, the risk for the average American remains low, and all agencies are working aggressively to monitor this continuously evolving situation and to keep our partners and the public informed.
Up-To-Date Information: The most up-to-date information and guidance can be found via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus Disease 2019 website: HERE. The Coronavirus Task Force holds frequent national briefings which can be viewed live: HERE. You are also encouraged to follow HHS, CDC, and other agency social media channels for up-to-date information.
- What You Should Know (here)
- Travel Information (here)
- Preventing COVID-10 Spread in Communities (here)
- Higher Risk & Special Populations (here)
- Healthcare Professionals (here)
- Resources for Healthcare Facilities (here)
- Resources for Health Departments (here)
- Laboratories (here)
- Communication Resources (here)
Agency Resources and Contact Information: Below, please find agency-by-agency information, guidance, and contact information.
Resources – Below, please find agency-by-agency resources and guidance.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (here)
- U.S. Department of Education (here)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (here)
- U.S. Department of Labor (here)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (here)
- U.S. Department of State (here)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (here)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (here)
- U.S. Department of the Interior (here)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (here)
Contact Information – Below, please find contact information for our Intergovernmental Affairs colleagues across the federal family. As State and local elected officials, they are your primary points of contact.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: Darcie Johnston (Phone – 202-690-1058 / Email – email@example.com)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Cherie Short (Phone – 202-893-2941 / Email – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- U.S. Department of State: Bill Killion (Phone – 202-647-7595 / Email – email@example.com)
- U.S. Department of Transportation: Sean Poole (Office – 202-597-5109 / Cell – 202-366-3132 / Email – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- U.S. Department of Education: Susan Falconer (Phone – 202-320-6837 / Email – email@example.com)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Thayer Verschoor (Phone – 202-461-7385 / Email – Thayer.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Britt Carter (Phone – 202-440-0728 / Email – email@example.com)
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Ryan Lambert (Phone – 202-615-6570 / Email – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: Lillie Brady (Phone – 202-845-3872 / Email – email@example.com)
Local Preparedness Tips: Responses locally executed, state managed, and federally supported.
- Ensuring clear, open lines of communication with the public and making information and guidance readily available.
- Sharing and disseminating verified and accurate guidance and information.
- Coordinating with State and local health authorities.
- Reviewing local preparedness plans and strategies.
Thank you to the Tennessee County Services Association for sharing this information.